Dog Friendly Hotel Policy & Procedures
Welcome to our Dog Friendly Hotel. Sorry, no cats, birds, or exotics.
For the health, safety, and enjoyment of all of our guests,
staff, & owners, the following Dog Policy is in place:
- There is a $25.00 registered PET FEE per night (excluding an ADA compliant Service Dog), which will appear as a separate charge each day on your room receipt. TWO DOG LIMIT.
- At the time you made your Reservation with us, you will need to inform us if you are bringing a dog, as we only have select rooms set aside as Dog Friendly. There is a $40.00 fee per night for any undeclared/non-approved dog/pet brought into the hotel, and you will automatically be held to our Dog Policy and Procedures as default.
- At check-in, the guest must re-confirm/declare/register each dog and/or ADA compliant Service Dog and is required to sign our Dog Friendly Hotel Stay Agreement and the Guest is responsible to strictly abide by all policies.
- Dogs must be leashed and under direct restraint at all times outside your room and/or on hotel property.
- We require each dog and/or ADA compliant Service Dog to wear a collar or harness with current tags attached: identification and contact information, current license, and proof of current rabies vaccination
- Dogs should not be left unattended in the room at any time, without being in a crate/carrier. If left unattended, and a problem(s) arises (such as damage to room, peeing etc. you will incur an additional charge immediately. Guests will be given an opportunity to eliminate any noise complaints. In the event you are unable to satisfy this clause, you may be asked to leave the hotel without a refund and will be financially responsible for any and all costs associated with any compensation that may be given to appease a disturbed guest(s). There is no limit to these rate adjustments or lost revenue. The payment and/or reimbursement for such damage is payable on demand.
- In extreme cases only, if a problem with a dog(s) arises and owner can’t be reached or owner is non-compliant, the dog(s) may be removed from the room or hotel property by Hotel staff and/or animal control without liability on the part of the hotel and the guest will assume any/all cost for such removal.
- We adhere to the ADA definition of Service Dog. When it is not obvious what service a Service Dog provides, Staff may ask two clarifying questions to determine eligibility 28 CFR 36.302 (c) (6).
- There will be an extra cleaning fee, determined solely by management (starting at $150.00), for a room that…1) is not designated as a dog friendly room but has a dog(s) in it, 2). has had damage done to the room caused by the dog, 3) has damage caused by urine/feces.
- Daily Housekeeping is required. Your dog and/or ADA compliant Service Dog must be either in a crate or removed from the room during housekeeping. Guests may not request a “Do Not Disturb” status if they have a dog. We want housekeeping to be convenient for our Guests. Feel free to call over to the Front Desk and request a time frame for cleaning (cleaning takes about 1 hour)
- The Guest is liable for the health, safety, and welfare of their dog(s) at all times.
- The Guest agrees and authorizes The Beekman Arms and Delamater Inn, and the Rhinebeck Village Inn, to assess charges to the credit card on file at registration for any and all damages discovered prior to or after departure, including, but not limited to: pet odor and stains, repair or replacement of hotel property, excessive and/or exceptional cleaning or extermination charges, loss of hotel revenue caused by the dog, including an ADA compliant Service Dog 28 CFR 36.302 (c) (8).
- Dogs must be clean, fully house-trained, parasite free and disease free (i.e. ticks, fleas, Parvo, etc.)
- Dogs are expected to be quiet, well behaved, and non-destructive.
- Dogs are not allowed in rooms other than that which they are registered.
- You’re required to clean up after your pet on hotel property & as per local ordinance City Code 8.02.150.
- We understand that accidents are sometimes unavoidable. If any incident should occur, please call the Front Desk immediately so that we can clean/fix/repair any issues and help prevent any further issues.
- We kindly request that your dog(s) not be allowed on the furniture. If your dog is a bed/furniture lover, please request pet sheets/covers from the Front Desk to help avoid your dog from dirtying/damaging our furniture.
- Please do not bathe your dog in the bathtub or sink. Failure to abide will result in an additional cleaning fee. Contact the Front Desk if provisions need to be made to assist in extreme circumstances.
- The Beekman Arms and Delamater Inn, and the Rhinebeck Village Inn, are not responsible for dogs that may exit guest rooms or hotel exit doors, including but not limited to any escape as a result of hotel staff entry or exit of the premises or access to the guest room.
- Please ask Front Desk to inspect your room upon departure to determine any damage.
- We reserve the right to require room changes, removal of dog(s) from the premises, refuse or discontinue service without refund if in the hotel’s sole discretion, the dog is considered dangerous, unhealthy, or likely to frighten, harm, disrupt hotel guests, has damaged hotel property, or for failure to abide by these policies.
Guests must fully understand and agree to comply with this entire Dog Policy and Procedures document. An abbreviated version of this will be available to me at time of check-in and I will be responsible for signing a copy of the hotel’s Dog Friendly Hotel Stay Agreement of which I will be given a copy. Guests accept full financial responsibility of any and all charges as outlined above and agrees to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend The Beekman Arms and Delamater Inn, and the Rhinebeck Village Inn, its owners, agents, and employees from any and all liability, damage, fines, claims, losses, or cost of any type including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising out of or relating to any claim for personal injury or property damage caused by the dog(s) or Service Dog, and agrees to make reimbursement for such damages on demand. The Guest further agrees to release, waive, and forever discharge, and covenant not to sue The Beekman Arms and Delamater Inn, and the Rhinebeck Village Inn, related in any way to this agreement mentioned above.
Policy Effective as of 2/20/2020